I woke up at 5:30 am and waited for Claudia to wake up. I told myself If she won’t wake up by 6:00 am, I’m going to wake her up. But she woke up a few minutes after I woke up.
We did not need to pack anymore ‘cos we packed last night. So, no need to hurry. We were told to be in the lobby by 7:00 am. We have enough time to waste.
We left the resort around 7:30 am already. I was nervous we might miss our flight. Our flight was 11:45 am and from the resort to Puerto Princesa airport is 3 hours.
Like I said the road trip is very therapeutic for me. Very scenic, fresh air and you get to see the countryside.
Some of my friends asked me if I will recommend San Vicente and the resort. I don’t know. What I will do is write down the pros and cons of the place and the resort and you be the one to decide. Okay?
San Vicente Palawan
– 1 hour flight from Manila to Puerto Princesa. From Puerto Princesa to San Vicente is 3 hours ride. The beach in San Vicente is called Long Beach. It is 14 km long white sand beach compared to Boracay’s 3 km. It is virgin. All you see are coconut trees and some other kind of palm trees. The only resort is Club Agutaya. There are huts that people can rent in some areas.
- you have the whole place to yourself
- white sand (but not as white as Boracay)
- you can walk around and go swimming barefoot
- fun to play with the waves.
- niknik (sand flies) infested
- if you don’t like waves, then this is not the place for you
- if you like to see people, this is not the place for you
Club Agutaya Resort
It says on their website five stars. No. Maybe 4, at least.
- Good food
- not too close and not too far from the beachfront
- wifi even inside our rooms. It has its moments tho’ (sometimes fast, sometimes slow)
- 3G (Smart) not so fast tho’
- rooms are okay. Bathroom, very clean.
- short staffed. They should have hired additional staff since it’s peak season
- service not good, because short staffed. But they are nice
- mosquitos or niknik (I don’t know anymore) everywhere. In the dining area, in the lobby, etc. You have to put OFF every f*cking minute
But did I have fun? Definitely. It’s always fun to bond with my kids. I don’t get to do this in Manila.
Will I go back? No.